This #GivingTuesday, Donate Diapers!
#GivingTuesday is an international day of giving celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving.
#GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on the holidays and end-of-year giving. This year it falls on Tuesday, December 1.
We are proud to be a part of this global celebration of giving and hope you’ll consider supporting Carpenter’s Place.
This year we are focusing our #GivingTuesday goal on a specific and ongoing need for our family services program – donations of diapers & pull-ups!
According to the National Diaper Bank Network toddlers require about 8 diapers a day. This quickly adds up to hundreds of diapers a year, for a single baby. With this in mind, we’ve set a goal to collect 5,000 diapers. The most in-demand are diapers sizes 4, 5, or 6 and pull-ups sizes 4T-5T.
HELP US REACH OUR GOAL OF COLLECTING 5,000 DIAPERS!
- Drop off a donation of diapers in-person at Carpenter’s Place. Monday-Thursday: 8:30am-4:30pm and Friday: 8:30am-2:30pm.
- Order online and ship directly to Carpenter’s Place. (Quick links: Amazon.com, Target.com, SamsClub.com)
- Contribute to our diaper fund with a monetary donation.
More about our Family Services Program…
In May 2018, in response to an identified need in our community, services for families in crisis were launched. Through the use of our case management program, it is the goal to have families address their current crisis, overcome the circumstances that brought them into the at-risk situation, plan for the future, and become stabilized so their children experience and learn there is a better way to live.
Family Services Program Results:
October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020
- 51 Families actively participated in the Family Service Program (61 adults, 121 children, 2 babies expected)
- 3,152 Sessions of Case Management were conducted with family members with 2 1/2 case managers
- 21 Families obtained housing (22 adults, 42 children, 1 baby expected)
- 19 Family members obtained employment (11 Full time and 8 part time)