Holy Thursday Foot Care Event
When you did it for the least of my brothers and sisters, you did it for me. -Matthew 25: 31-46
Following the example of Jesus, this foot care event is held on Maundy Thursday during Holy Week. Podiatry Residents from OSF Saint Anthony will wash the feet of our homeless guests, trim their nails, and make referrals for further care, if needed. Generous financial donations from individuals and businesses make it possible for volunteers to provide a new pair of shoes and socks to each guest, as well as a delicious lunch.
To once again make this event a success, we are looking for your help. We invite you to join the community members who work so hard to organize this effort. Donations of new shoes, socks and monetary gifts to make this event possible are greatly appreciated. Our guests will be thrilled! New shoes are a true blessing! Please continue reading to learn how to give.
Donations can be:
- Sent/dropped off at:
Carpenter’s Place; Attn: Patti Floyd
1149 Railroad Avenue; Rockford IL 61104.
Please note: “Foot Care Event” to designate your gift.
- Given to Dave or Brittany Wojnicki or other event volunteers from OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center.
- Checks: make out to Carpenter’s Place; (send or deliver to CP at address above) Attn: Patti Floyd.
- Cash: include name and address if a receipt/thank-you letter is desired.
- Credit card: CLICK HERE or call the office at 815-964-4105 and ask for Patti Floyd (ext. 216)
Shoe or Sock Donations:
- In-Person – include name and address if a receipt/thank-you letter is desired
- Amazon or other Online Retailers – order online and send directly to Carpenter’s Place. Please include your name in the “personalize gift message” portion, so we can properly acknowledge your gift.
Note: If donations exceed what is needed for this event, they will be used for future foot care events, or as needed, for those served at Carpenter’s Place.‹ Back to Blog